Friday, June 15, 2007

A simple French dinner

Since I have so many vegetables on hand, I decided to use some of them for dinner.


Yesterday my French grandma and my FIL came to visit us, and she taught me how to cook nice zucchini.

Bake Zucchini
Served: 2 people
Preparation: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
1. 2 zucchinis
2. 1 tsp of olive oil
3. a pinch of black pepper
4. some Gruyère cheese or any type of cheeses you like, cut into small pieces and spread them around

Methods:
1. Cut 2 smalls zucchinis into slices and arrange them into a baking dish.
2. Spread the olive oil, black pepper and cheese on top.
3. Bake in preheat oven 200 degree celcius for 25 minutes or when the cheese turn brown.

Note: I baked the zucchini with two fish fillets, marinated with curry paste.


Pan fry potatoes
Served: 2 people
Preparation: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
1. 3 big potatoes (like the one shown on the first picture)
2. 1 tbsp herbs of provence
3. salt and pepper to taste
4. 2 tbsp of oil

Methods:
1. Cut potatoes into slices, it's at your preference to peel off the skin
2. Heat the frying pan/wok with the oil.
3. When the oil is ready, put in the potatoes slices.
4. Spread the herbs, salt and pepper and stir fry them so that the potatoes are well coated with the herbs.
5. Turn down the stove to medium and cover the frying pan/wok to have the smoke effect. Do not overburn the potatoes.
6. Let the potatoes smoke for 10 minutes or until they are soften.

You can have the French patisserie as dessert, so yummy!

2 comments:

WokandSpoon said...

I'll have to try your baked zucchini! Looks nice and simple.
ps.
I just linked you to my food blog as well :-)

Bee Ean said...

Hope your zucchini turns out good as mine. Thanks for linking.